What to expect at EY
If you’re successful in your application to a contracting role, here’s what you can expect.
Before you join
We’ll get straight into the required pre-employment screening checks, which can take up to 15 days (three working weeks). If we have queries based on your CV or background, we’ll arrange a convenient time to discuss these with you. Meanwhile, we’ll send you an offer letter and contract, along with any relevant non-disclosure agreements. Once all the paperwork is complete, we’ll be ready to get started.
When you start
On day one, we’ll give you a temporary security pass, an EY laptop and a guide to help you get set up. You’ll need to use this laptop for the duration of your contract, beginning with few training modules required for onboarding. It’s important that no EY or client information is sent to any personal accounts or stored on personal hardware. We’ll also set you up on our timesheets and expenses system, through which you’ll be paid (typically monthly, in arrears). Your manager will provide an engagement introduction, which should include:
• Client background and engagement objectives
• EY values, engagement team structure, as well as colleague introductions
• Quality and risk management standards and requirements
• Your role and service delivery
• Tools and methods you’ll be expected to use, as well as engagement documentation
• How to complete timesheets (if applicable), with your manager as approver
What we expect from you
When you join our team, we expect the same quality of work and professionalism that we do from our permanent employees. We’ll give you regular feedback on the services you provide, to help guide your efforts and make sure you meet these standards.
You’re also responsible for recording the days you’ve worked along with the relevant client information. Your manager will forward these onto us so we can invoice you accordingly. They’re also responsible for forwarding any travel-related costs you accrue during your time with us.
Your point of contact
Your manager will make sure you have everything you need to succeed. They’ll look over what you produce, provide feedback and do whatever they can to make your EY experience a great one.
Things to note
• Initial contracts cannot be issued for longer than six months
• Client-related expenses are payable separately from the daily rate and as agreed with your manager
• We’ll confirm the end of your contract typically two weeks prior to its finish, or as agreed in your contract
More from Project Mindset.