What is the EY Degree Apprenticeship in Digital and Technology?
Technology is constantly disrupting the world of business but these changes are often for the best. This apprenticeship enables tech-savvy students to help EY and our clients find new ways of using artificial intelligence and other innovative technologies to improve their business.
We are currently open for 2020 opportunities in Assurance, Tax and People Advisory Services.
Applications to Consulting and Transactions service lines will open later this year. Please register your interest here for further updates.
What will you be doing?
- Specialising in Data Analytics
- Analysing data sets, designing, prototyping and building new tech solutions for clients
- Working in supportive teams across Assurance, Consulting, People Advisory, Transactions or Tax
- Helping clients use the latest tech to deal with complex issues like fraud, automating compliance processes, chatbots and the future of work
Are you eligible to apply?
For all programmes, you’ll need a minimum of Level 2/GCSE (or equivalent) in English Language & Maths and to be on track to receive three A-Levels, five Scottish Highers or the equivalent by the time the programme starts.
For our Data Analytics Consulting programme, you'll also need A Level Maths.
- 3-4 year programme
- Study towards a BSc degree in Digital & Technology solutions accredited by Roehampton University or the Open University
- Training is delivered by QA Apprenticeships or ADA National college for Digital Skills
- You’ll gain on-the-job experience within Assurance, Tax, People Advisory Services, Consulting or Transactions. You’ll be designing and building data solutions for clients and providing important data insights to EY and specialist teams
- You'll receive a dedicated career counsellor, line manager and buddy to support you while you’re on the programme
- We have dedicated online training delivered by EY people to support your development
- This progamme is available in Birmingham, Bristol, London, Leeds, Reading, Newcastle, Manchester and Southampton
How’s it structured?
Excitingly, you’ll be working in a new growth area for EY, so sometimes you’ll be doing things for the first time as we’re doing them for the first time, too.
After an EY company induction, you’ll join one of our business areas and specialise in either software engineering or data analytics. You’ll start work by helping to solve client problems using technologies like automation, or analysing huge data sets and building insights to present to clients and EY specialist teams. And, since you’ll be studying for a BSc, approximately 20% of your time will be spent at college and 80% will be in our offices. The work and your clients will be so varied that you’ll gain knowledge and skills that will lead to exciting opportunities, once the programme is finished.
Meet some of our apprentices
Learning at the cutting edge of technology consulting – Cara
Cara gets a buzz from the excitement of the digital revolution – but it sounds like she isn’t the only apprentice with that feeling at EY.
Tax innovation - Zak
Although Zak initally wanted to join Assurance, after speaking to an EY Partner his strengths were more aligned to Tax. Zak now works in the Tax Technology team, specialising in innovation in the Tax sector which he really enjoys!
What about the extras?
From access to FlexEY’s benefits programme to generous pension plans and discounted gym memberships – there are lots of perks to being an apprentice at EY.
Where do you want to be?
We offer the Degree Apprenticeship in Digital and Technology in several cities around the UK.
Applications to this programme are now open in the following locations: Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Reading and Southampton
How to apply
Ready to apply? This info and advice should come in handy.